Have you added journaling into your daily or weekly routine yet? If you haven’t, I would highly encourage you to start. Journaling has so many great benefits…it can reduce stress and anxiety, strengthen your memory, reveal patterns that play out in your life, help you gain clarity around certain situations, and allow you the opportunity to self reflect.
Ever since I’ve added journaling into my morning routine, I have seen massive shifts in the way I show up and handle certain situations. And I find that I don’t spend as much time in my head about things. It’s been a game changer for me.
Tough Love Alert: If you’re like a lot of the women I talk to and you think you just don’t have the time to journal, I’m going to call you out. We make time for the things that are important to us. All you need is 10 minutes. Shoot, you could probably get a good amount of writing done in just 5 minutes.
Until you get used journaling, you may find that you don’t really know what to write. I totally get it. Just know that there is zero pressure when it comes to journaling. You seriously cannot mess it up. Although, I would encourage you to just free write, sometimes it’s easier with a prompt.
I’ve come up with 10 prompts that you can use if you find yourself getting stuck on what to write. These prompts have been created to encourage a little self love and help you strengthen your relationship with yourself. If you find that one or more of these prompts makes you a little uncomfortable to explore, that’s the one you need to use. Happy journaling!
10 Journal Prompts for Self Love
1. If I could have a conversation with the me from 10 years ago, I would say…
2. How can I have more trust in my life (with myself and with others)?
3. Describe the 5 traits you most admire about yourself.
4. What are 10 things for which you are most grateful?
5. Describe your best physical feature and your best character trait.
6. Write about the last time for which you were truly proud of yourself.
7. What do you want for your future self?
8. What is something for which you need to forgive yourself?
9. What are you needing right now? How can you give it to yourself?
10. In which area of your life do you crave healthier boundaries?
We can’t really talk about journaling without talking about the perfect journaling supplies. As a former teacher, I am still a total school supply nerd and paper snob. I’ve created a list in my Amazon Store just for journaling supplies. You can find my favorite pens and notebooks here.
- Hide Comments
add a comment